- About us
- About Australia
- Consulate News
- Events calendar
- Visas and migration
- Services for Australians
- Travelling to Australia
- New York Young Leaders' Program
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Australian Embassy in the USA
- Australian Permanent Mission to the United Nations, New York
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Visas, Immigration and Citizenship
The Australian Consulate-General in New York does not have a Visa or Immigration Office.
US citizens and other eligible passport holders from more than 60 other countries can now apply online for visitor, business and short-term work visas.
- Visa application charges changed on 1 September 2013. Visa and citizenship applications can only be accepted where they are accompanied by the correct fee. Check our website for up to date information.
- Visitor, business and short-term work visas
- Important information about Credit Card Payments
- New charge for Australian visa labels and Visa Label-Free Arrangements
- Capping and Queuing - Family Migration
- Police checks from channelers for FBI police checks are NOT acceptable for Australian immigration purposes. Please consult the FBI website for complete information
- Next scheduled Australian citizenship test and ceremony dates in Washington DC
Application process and other immigration matters
Translation of foreign documents
Before engaging a migration agent, we recommend you read this information about migration agents operating outside Australia - Information in Spanish
DIBP Integrity Unit
The following lists are NOT exhaustive and refer only to the more common types of visas available. For more comprehensive information on all visa types, please refer to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
Not sure which visa is best suited to your situation? Consult the Visa Wizard
Studying and Training in Australia
Working in Australia
The Australian Consulate-General New York does not have a Visa or Immigration Office.
Contact the Australian Embassy in Washington for all information, applications and addresses.
Useful passport and visa links can be found below.
Information Service for Australian Visas
Tel: 1-613-216-7603 (Toll call to Canada)
Email enquiries: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/americas
Service available in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French
Types of Visas
Forms and checklists